MAC Retro Matte Liquid Color| Back in Vogue & Dance with me Review and Swatches

You'll get a very creamy liquid lipstick with a beautiful pigmented matte finish. The diamond shape-like applicator  will help you co...

You'll get a very creamy liquid lipstick with a beautiful pigmented matte finish. The diamond shape-like applicator  will help you contour your lips perfectly. You don't want to overload the product on your lips because it feels so thick and uncomfortable.

The packaging looks like a classic elegant black and white with its brand name.

See the swatches below:


MAC Dance with me Retro Matte Liquid Lipstick (deep cranberry red)

The product looks exactly the same red on my lips as it is in the container (The photo doesn't give a justice how gorgeous the colour is it in person). It does not make my lips dry as the Back in Vogue. It's my favourite red. One application and your good for the day. One thing about this shade though is that, if I need to re-apply for some reason, I would have to remove all the products again using a heavy duty lipstick remover before re-applying. The reason behind is that, if you put too much layers on your lips, it's going to crumble, create patches, making you feel uncomfortable and it looks horrible.


MAC Back in Vogue Retro Matte Liquid Lipstick (a light peachy nude)

The product looks more (dark) peachy in the container and becomes lighter when you apply it on your lips.
This one goes matte so quick that it makes my lips dry and cracky. It's not my kind of nude formula. Very disappointing.


My overall review

I've got mixed emotions about the products. I absolutely adore Dance with me but I do not like Back in Vogue on my lips for the reason mentioned above. It doesn't hydrate my lips.

I initially planned to buy more of the available colours but after trying them on, I thought to myself, there are better liquid lipsticks available in the market that suits me. 
This is just my personal opinion. I am not a professional makeup guru but I am saying my honest opinion on what are my experiences with the products. 


Thank you for reading!
xoxo,

You Might Also Like

0 comments


Follow me on Instagram @mikabasco